- Log In
- Creating, promoting, implementing, and evaluating of public health clinics and educational programs;
- Conducting home health visits;
- Participating in emergency preparedness initiatives as required by the Massachusetts Dept. of Public Health;
- Maintaining an inventory of medical supplies;
- Administering immunizations;
- Conducting communicable disease investigations;
- Providing case management and direct observational therapy (DOT) for active TB cases;
- Other duties which relate to public health nursing.
Supervising Public Health Nurse
Location: Town of Burlington
Reporting to the Director of Public Health, the Supervising Nurse is responsible for the oversight of the Board of Health’s public health nursing functions.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
Minimum qualifications include a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, current licensure by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as a Registered Nurse, current certification in CPR, a valid driver’s license, and a minimum of three years of experience in public health nursing or a related field. Must be willing and able to obtain Levels 100, 200, and 700 National Incident Management System certificates. Experience in program planning, community nursing, and health education, along with knowledge of public health laws is desirable. Attendance at evening Board of Health meetings is required.
This position is included within the Burlington Municipal Employees Association bargaining unit. Starting salary will be mid-high $50K, plus comprehensive and generous benefits. This is a full-time position, 35-hours per week.
Position will remain open until filled.
Please note: MA General Laws mandate that any individual having direct contact at any time with either children or senior citizens be subject to CORI screening by the Criminal History Systems Board. Any conditional offer of employment is contingent upon acceptable CORI results.
Methods to apply for this position:
Click on the Apply Now button below (preferred)
Send letter of interest and resume to:
Human Resources Coordinator
Town of Burlington
29 Center Street
Burlington, MA 01803
The Town of Burlington is an Equal Opportunity Employer