- Log In
- Update and maintain Burlington Parks & Recreation Department’s social media presence, including scheduling Facebook, Twitter and Instagram updates and events
- Designing flyers, graphics, e-vites and other marketing material for major events hosted by Burlington Parks & Recreation Department
- Update the Burlington Parks & Recreation Department website as needed
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
- Up to date computer skills with working knowledge of popular word processing, spreadsheet and publishing software
- An effective communicator, both written and oral
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Graphic design aptitude, background in marketing or graphic design a plus
- Enthusiasm for the mission of the Burlington Parks & Recreation Department and the families we serve
Part Time Marketing Coordinator
Location: Town of Burlington
The Burlington Parks & Recreation Department seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist with marketing and communications efforts. This position is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing while working for a municipality.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
This is a part time position, 10 hours/week, typically 8:30–11:30am Monday through Friday however hours may vary. Hours are somewhat flexible with some night and weekend hours for special events and programs.
Starting rate is $17.00/hour. Applications received by 12:00 noon on August 3, 2018 will receive first consideration.
Please note: MA General Laws mandate that any individual having direct contact at any time with either children or senior citizens be subject to CORI screening by the Criminal History Systems Board. Any conditional offer of employment is contingent upon satisfactory CORI results.
Methods to apply for this position:
Click on the Apply Now button below (preferred)
Send letter of interest, resume, and application to:
Joanne M. Faust, SPHR
Human Resources Director
Town of Burlington
29 Center Street
Burlington, MA 01803
The Town of Burlington is an Equal Opportunity Employer