- Log In
- Bachelor's Degree in Therapeutic Recreation or a related Recreation field
- Certified as a Therapeutic Recreation Specialist
- Experience in a recreation setting
- Experience working with populations with disabilities, preferably in a municipal setting
- Valid motor vehicle operator’s license
- Current certification in CPR and First Aid preferred
- Must be willing and able to work additional hours as programming dictates, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
Part Time Recreation Therapist
Location: Town of Burlington
Working under the administrative direction of the Therapeutic Recreation Specialist this position plans, organizes, schedules, coordinates and supervises year-round community based recreation programming for children and adults with disabilities. Also responsible for intake assessments, and to serve as a specialist and a leader for inclusion and adaptive programs for children and adults with disabilities. Develops, coordinates, implements and oversees a variety of recreation, leisure, athletic and educational programs. May supervise part-time and seasonal staff, interns and/or volunteers.
Minimum requirements include:
This is a part time position, 18 hours/week. Hours are somewhat flexible with some night and weekend hours. Starting rate is $20.00/hour. Applications received by 12:00 noon on August 3, 2018 will receive first consideration.
Please note: MA General Laws mandate that any individual having direct contact at any time with either children or senior citizens be subject to CORI screening by the Criminal History Systems Board. Any conditional offer of employment is contingent upon satisfactory CORI results.
Methods to apply for this position:
Click on the Apply Now button below (preferred)
Send letter of interest, resume, and application to:
Joanne M. Faust, SPHR
Human Resources Director
Town of Burlington
29 Center Street
Burlington, MA 01803
The Town of Burlington is an Equal Opportunity Employer