- Log In
- Return to Jobs Listing
- Operates specialized and heavy equipment such as dump trucks, front-end loaders, backhoes, rollers, basin cleaners and street sweepers; performs manual labor incidental to the work of operating assigned equipment; services and maintains equipment.
- Assists in a variety of public works projects such as maintaining and repairing streets; installing, cleaning and repairing culverts, catch basins and drainage lines; sweeps streets and sidewalks; repairs guardrails and signs.
- Operates snow removal and sanding vehicles; assists in emergency highway and other public works repairs as required; performs laborer’s duties when not assigned to equipment operation.
- Operates hand tools, mowers, jack hammers, air compressors, clippers, cutting tools and related equipment.
- Loads and unloads trucks; picks-up and hauls materials.
- Subject to emergency recall.
- Must possess a valid CDL Class B License.
- Must either possess a Hoisting Equipment License 1B, 2A and 4A or obtain within 90 days of employment.
- Must have the ability to operate trucks with a rated capacity of more than three tons up to nine tons.
- Ability to operate hoisting equipment such as backhoes, front-end loaders and catch basin machines, 125 CFM compressors, sidewalk rollers, highway sanders and similar equipment used in Public Works construction and maintenance programs.
- Must be available for emergency snow removal operations and able to plow and sand roads.
- Must be able to perform limited inspection and service procedures on assigned equipment in accordance with pre-determined schedule.
Special Motor Equipment Operator/Laborer
Location: Town of Burlington
Position performs skilled manual work in the operation of heavy and specialized public works equipment for the Department of Public Works, Highway Division.
Examples of Work:
Starting salary is $23.20/hour. This is a full-time position, 40-hours per week.
Applications must be received by 4:00pm on September 19, 2018.
Please note: MA General Laws mandate that any individual having direct contact at any time with either children or senior citizens be subject to CORI screening by the Criminal History Systems Board. Any conditional offer of employment is contingent upon satisfactory CORI results.
Methods to apply for this position:
Click on the Apply Now button below (preferred)
Send letter of interest and resume to:
Human Resources Coordinator
Town of Burlington
29 Center Street
Burlington, MA 01803
The Town of Burlington is an Equal Opportunity Employer