- Log In
- Return to Jobs Listing
- Provides senior level administrative support and oversight for the Accounting Office.
- Reconciles and maintains various accounts and financial records.
- Maintains the general ledger and prepares budget projections.
- Sets up new users in Munis and trains employees in system functions. Answers employee questions on the phone and in person.
- Assists the Town Accountant in completing reports and projects.
- Submits weekly payroll; audits, verifies and corrects all payroll documents submitted by departments.
- Provides related routine back-up assistance to the department and other related duties.
- High school diploma with courses in finance, bookkeeping, or accounting, Associates Degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years of related experience.
- Superior and current computer skills, including record/database management and financial software. Munis experience preferred.
- Superior financial skills with knowledge of the laws and methods pertaining to municipal finance.
- Ability to learn specialized departmental software applications.
- Exceptional communication, organizational and customer service skills.
- Must be able to function effectively and efficiently in a multi-disciplined and dynamic work environment.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Assistant Town Accountant
Location: Town of Burlington
Reporting to the Town Accountant, this position performs skilled accounting, clerical, and administrative work in assisting the Town Accountant in the management of all financial and accounting functions for the Town.
Examples of work include:
This position is included within the Burlington Municipal Employees Association bargaining unit. Starting salary at Grade 8A, Step I of the BMEA contract is $25.11 per hour plus benefits. This is a full-time position, 35-hours per week.
Applications received by 12:00pm October 17, 2018 will receive first consideration.
Methods to apply for this position:
Click on the Apply Now button below (preferred)
Send letter of interest, resume, and application to:
Joanne M. Faust, SPHR
Human Resources Director
Town of Burlington
29 Center Street
Burlington, MA 01803
The Town of Burlington is an Equal Opportunity Employer