- Log In
- Return to Jobs Listing
- Coordinate all in-house payroll functions for Town and School payrolls.
- Process and distribute weekly and bi-weekly payrolls, ensuring proper payroll deductions including federal/state withholding, retirement, deferred compensation, union dues, and wage liens.
- Create and maintain all employee MUNIS records including master file maintenance, job/salary, salary increases, and accruals.
- Maintain all salary and accrual tables in MUNIS for Town employees.
- Input all new hires and status changes into MUNIS; process monthly new hire and Department of Labor reports.
- Reconcile the Town payroll account.
- Process and distribute annual W-2s, prepare monthly and quarterly Federal and State tax withholding reports, prepare annual census reports and perform all year-end balancing.
- Prepare and generate reports and documentation using MUNIS and Excel.
- Maintain payroll records in accordance with MA General Law.
- Provide information and answer questions and concerns from employees regarding payroll; provide accurate employee verifications to all external sources.
- Investigate inquiries regarding payroll related matters and solves problems.
- Work closely with Town and School benefits, accounting and payroll staff.
- High school diploma, AS Degree preferred, with minimum of three years’ experience in finance, banking, or payroll.
- Superior and current computer skills, including payroll software and Excel. MUNIS experience preferred.
- Superior financial skills. Ability to prepare and organize statistical records.
- Ability to learn specialized departmental software applications.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Exceptional communication, organizational and customer service skills.
- Must be able to function effectively and efficiently in a multi-disciplined and dynamic work environment.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Location: Town of Burlington
Reporting to the Treasurer/Collector, position performs payroll and bookkeeping clerical work, primarily maintenance and processing of payroll accounts; and all other related duties as required.
Examples of work include:
This position is included within the Burlington Municipal Employees Association bargaining unit. Starting salary at Grade 7, Step I of the BMEA contract is $22.67 per hour plus benefits. This is a full-time position, 35-hours per week.
Applications received by 12:00pm on November 21, 2018 will be given first consideration.
Methods to apply for this position:
Click on the Apply Now button below (preferred)
Send letter of interest, resume, and application to:
Joanne M. Faust, SPHR
Human Resources Director
Town of Burlington
29 Center Street
Burlington, MA 01803
The Town of Burlington is an Equal Opportunity Employer