- Log In
- Return to Jobs Listing
- Receives and responds to telephone and in-person inquiries on varied issues.
- Processes applications for permits and other registrations as required by local and state regulations.
- Creates and maintains accurate departmental records and filing systems; using Microsoft Excel, Digital Health Department, and the MA Immunization Information System (MIIS).
- Assists with varied public health programs as assigned by the Director.
- Prepares and maintains forms, reports, correspondence and related information for department.
- Prepares and submits departmental payroll, personnel adjustments, and maintains departmental attendance records.
- Performs clerical duties including processing departmental mail, filing, and photocopying documents.
- Assists Director with annual report and budget.
- Processes invoices and payments.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High school diploma with 2-3 years’ related experience; Associate’s degree desirable.
- Clerical and financial skills.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Competence in utilizing standard office computer applications, including spreadsheet and database programs.
- Familiarity with pertinent state and local laws relating to departmental operations.
- Exceptional communication, organizational and customer service skills.
- Must be able to function effectively and efficiently in a multi-disciplined and dynamic work environment.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Administrative Assistant I
Location: Town of Burlington
Reporting to the Director of Public Health, this 35-hour per week position performs clerical and administrative support work for the Board of Health.
Examples of work:
This position is full-time (35 hours per week) and is a union position included within the Burlington Municipal Employees Association (BMEA). Starting Salary at Grade 6, Step I of the BMEA Classification Plan is $21.19/hour.
Applications received by 12:00pm November 21, 2018 will receive first consideration.
Methods to apply for this position:
Click on the Apply Now button below (preferred)
Send letter of interest, resume, and application to:
Joanne M. Faust, SPHR
Human Resources Director
Town of Burlington
29 Center Street
Burlington, MA 01803
The Town of Burlington is an Equal Opportunity Employer