This part time (26-hour position) performs paraprofessional, technical and clerical support work for the circulation and technical services departments within the Burlington Public Library.
Examples of Work:
- Provides circulation services including checking materials in and out, library card registrations, fine collections, and reserving books
- Assists patrons with library procedures and locating materials
- Assists in cataloging functions
- Prepares correspondence, including purchase orders
- Maintains files and records and assists in reconciling invoices
- Assists with the library’s daily functions
- Performs other duties related to the primary scope of the position
- High school diploma with courses in office procedures, with a minimum of two years’ experience in library work, or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Thorough knowledge of office procedures.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to deal appropriately with the general public.
This position is included within the Burlington Municipal Employees Association bargaining unit. Starting salary at Grade 5, Step I of the BMEA contract is $20.36 per hour plus benefits.
This is a part-time position, 26-hours per week, including one evening per week and one Saturday every other week. Hours are Monday 11a-6p, Tuesday 2:15-9:15p, Wednesday 11a-6p, Thursday 11a-4p, and every other Saturday 10a-5p with Wednesday off. Opportunity to work Sundays and summer Saturdays as overtime shifts.
Please note: MA General Laws mandate that any individual having direct contact at any time with either children or senior citizens be subject to CORI screening by the Criminal History Systems Board. Any conditional offer of employment is contingent upon acceptable CORI results.
Methods to apply for this position:
Click on the Apply Now button (preferred)
Joanne M. Faust, SPHR
Human Resources Director
Town of Burlington
29 Center Street
Burlington, MA 01803
The Town of Burlington is an Equal Opportunity Employer