Under the general supervision of the Chief of Police, this position is responsible for providing all persons and public safety agencies with the highest quality of service by ensuring safe and efficient screening and processing of emergency and non-emergency calls for service.
Responsibilities of the selected candidate include:
- Dispatch, document and track the status and safety of all law enforcement personnel.
- Provide aid and support to field personnel by ensuring that messages are clear, concise and timely.
- Maintain accurate and uniform documentation procedures for all dispatched activity and shall be familiar with the procedures for all other data recording and entry responsibilities assigned to the Communications Center.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalency.
- Proficiency in speaking, reading and writing English.
- Accurate typing of 30 words per minute is preferable.
- Knowledge of the geography of the Town of Burlington is preferred.
This position is included within the Burlington Municipal Employees Association bargaining unit. Starting salary at Grade 5, Step I of the BMEA contract is $20.87 per hour plus benefits. This is a full-time position, 40-hours per week.
The working hours will be 8 hours per shift on a rotating schedule of 4 days on and 2 days off. Shift assignment TBD and may be 8:00am-4:00pm, 4:00pm-midnight, or a combination of both.
Applications received by 4:00pm July 2, 2020 will receive first consideration. Position will remain open until filled.
Candidates shall be required to submit to a MA Board of Probation records check as part of the application process and will be required to satisfactory completion of Burlington Police Department’s approved training programs.
Methods to apply for this position:
Click on the Apply Now button (preferred)
Joanne M. Faust, SPHR
Human Resources Director
Town of Burlington
29 Center Street
Burlington, MA 01803
The Town of Burlington is an Equal Opportunity Employer