Reports to Technical Services Librarian or Circulation Librarian or their designee.
- Greet library users and perform all circulation desk activities, including but not limited to checking materials in and out, registering people for library cards, and preparing notices for mailing. Circulation functions are automated; many circulation desk activities are carried out by phone.
- Prepare circulation desk for the day: set up computer terminals, empty book drops, etc.
- Responsible for collecting library monies.
- Answer phone and direct calls.
- Answer directional and other basic questions for the public.
- During quiet times, prepare materials to go back on shelf or shelf read.
- Assist other staff members in closing or opening the library.
- Other assignments requiring similar level of skill and responsibilities.
- Prepare and label library materials for the public.
- Reconcile packing lists with invoices for library materials.
- Interact with vendors to correct shipping errors and replace defective materials.
- Assist in the processing of materials that have been marked for deaccession.
Required: HS diploma; experience working with the public; computer experience necessary; good attention to detail. Preferred: previous library experience and familiarity with SirsiDynix Symphony; 2 years of college.
19 hours per week: Monday 10am-1pm, Tuesday 2-9pm, Thursday 12-5pm, Friday 10am-2pm.
$16.93 per hour, no benefits. Opportunity to work Sundays and summer Saturdays as overtime shifts.
Open until filled; preference will be given to applications received by September 18, 2020
Please note: MA General Laws mandate that any individual having direct contact at any time with either children or senior citizens be subject to CORI screening by the Criminal History Systems Board. Any conditional offer of employment is contingent upon satisfactory CORI results.