Reporting to the Treasurer/Collector, this 35-hour position performs clerical support work within the Treasurer/Collector’s Office.
Examples of work include:
- Receives and responds to telephone and in-person inquiries on varied issues.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties in support of the department.
- Creates and maintains accurate departmental records and files.
- Updates and maintains data in Munis, Quickbooks, Excel, and other programs.
- Prepares and distributes forms, reports, correspondence and other related information for department.
- Posts monies received to various accounts and deposits to banks.
- Process and disburses vendor checks.
- Reconciles bills and bank statements.
- Performs similar or related work in support of the department.
- High school diploma with 2-3 years' financial experience; Associate degree desirable.
- Clerical and financial skills.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Competence in utilizing standard office computer applications, including spreadsheet and database programs.
- Familiarity with pertinent state and local laws relating to departmental operations.
- Exceptional communication, organizational and customer service skills.
- Must be able to function effectively and efficiently in a multi-disciplined and dynamic work environment.
- Ability to maintain private information.
This position is included within the Burlington Municipal Employees Association bargaining unit. Starting salary at Grade 6, Step I of the BMEA contract is $22.26 per hour plus benefits. This is a full-time position, 35-hours per week.
Applications received by 4:00pm on June 8, 2021 will be given first consideration.