The Burlington Police Department is looking for a Recovery Coach to provide services for the department and community in assisting individuals struggling with substance use disorders. This position will be a member of the Burlington Police Assisted Addiction and Recovery Initiative (BPAARI).
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Receive and respond to pending assignments and accompany officers on patrol for portions of the work shift.
- Provide screening, brief intervention, and referrals to treatment for individuals and families coping with substance use disorders
- Strengthen and build the capacity of the Department to reach more individuals and families coping with substance use disorders.
- Provide supportive services essential for effective outreach and response on individual, family, and community level.
- Conduct proactive outreach to identify people and families within the community who are in need of support services
- Plan and execute programs designed to support and educate the community and individuals around mental health, substance abuse, and other areas of need/concern.
- Provide training to police and other town departments on topics that include, but are not limited to, assistance the BPAARI program can provide, availability of community resources, and availability of referral services for people and families coping with substance use disorders.
- Attend roll call, assist in police training, work with Town departments, and attend community meetings.
- Maintain network of community partners and other town constituencies, provide resources and/or assistance to other departments.
- Maintain accurate records in accordance with regulatory, and agency standards. Complete all related paperwork and reports.
High School Diploma or equivalency with 2-3 years of related experience, preferably with those impacted by the opioid epidemic and harm reduction model. AS or BA/BS preferred. Excellent interpersonal, communication, judgment, and organizational skills required. Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required to travel to residences within Town, as well as organizations within and outside of Burlington.
Hours are primarily weekdays with some nights and weekend work, up to 19 hours per week. Rate of pay is $25.50 per hour.