In accordance with prescribed methods and procedures, this position performs work related to the maintenance, construction, and repair work on the Town's water system, including water mains, pipes, meters, valves, and hydrants.
Examples of Work:
- Assists in the repair and installation of water pipes, and checks pipes for leaks.
- Assists with the hydrant flushing program.
- Installs water meters and checks water services.
- Assists with the cleaning, repair, and exercise of water gates.
- Turns water services on and off; locates water services for markouts.
- Cleans in and around water stations, sewer stations, and hydrants.
- Cuts grass and performs painting as needed.
- Assists in updating records; utilizes work order system and other electronic devices.
- Responds to weather emergencies, including assisting in snow removal operations.
- Provides assistance to other divisions as needed.
- Subject to emergency recall.
- High school graduation.
- Must possess a valid Class D Driver's License.
- Must possess a working knowledge of municipal water systems
- Knowledge of hydraulics and principles pertaining to water and sewer systems preferred.
- Must be able to interact with employees and the public in an effective and tactful manner.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Must be able to exert moderate physical effort and operate machinery and tools.
- Must be available for emergency recall.
This position is included within the DPW bargaining unit. Pay rate is $20.50/hour. This is a full-time position, 40-hours per week. Applications will be accepted until 4:00pm, July 20, 2021.
MA General Laws mandate that any individual having direct contact at any time with either children or senior citizens be subject to CORI screening by the Criminal History Systems Board. Any conditional offer of employment is contingent upon a satisfactory CORI report.