Under the direction of the Town Administrator and Select Board Office Manager and in conjunction with policies and procedures of the Town, performs a variety of highly responsible, routine or complex administrative duties and clerical functions in the operation of the Office of the Town Administrator/Select Board; provides staff assistance to the Town Administrator; supervises Select Board Office clerical staff; and all other related work that is logical to the position as required.
Examples of Work:
- Provides administrative support to the Select Board Office Manager & Town Administrator
- Assists in receiving and screening visitors, incoming mail and telephone calls and responds appropriately
- Assists with the coordination and preparation of meeting agendas and compilation of correspondence and supportive materials
- Assists with the coordination and preparation for Town Meetings, including the publishing and distribution of Town Meeting Warrants and the Annual Town Report
- Assists with the coordination of the licensing process
- Assists in the preparation & administration of Select Board Office budgets
- Acts as a liaison to attorneys, Ways and Means, and other Committees on behalf of the Select Board Office Manager/Town Administrator
- Creates databases and reports; updates department’s website
- High school diploma or equivalent required with courses in office procedures and business practices; three to five years of progressively responsible office experience; or any equivalent combination of education and experience. Associate’s degree in a related field and/or supervisory experience desirable.
- Strong administrative, secretarial, supervisory, and financial skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to prepare and maintain budgeted accounts, financial records, and clerical records
- Proficiency in standard office computer applications
This is a full-time position (35 hours) included within the Burlington Municipal Employees Association bargaining unit. Starting salary at Grade 8A, Step I of the BMEA contract is $26.84 per hour plus benefits.
Position will remain open until filled.
Methods to apply for this position:
Click on the Apply Now button (preferred)
Joanne M. Faust, SPHR
Human Resources Director
Town of Burlington
29 Center Street
Burlington, MA 01803
The Town of Burlington is an Equal Opportunity Employer