The Council On Aging is looking for a temporary part-time Outreach Worker to work with Burlington's seniors over the age of 60 and to assist in other activities as needed.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Working the older adult population which will involve programming as well as case management for seniors in need of services.
- Basic outreach to support the existing Outreach Workers.
- Educating businesses on the value of older adults.
- Organizing job fairs, support groups and trainings.
- Working with outside agencies.
- Seeking/accepting referrals from various sources.
- Keeping accurate and confidential records.
Minimum of a high school diploma required, along with social work and/or human services experience, experience working with the elder population, strong interpersonal skills, and communications skills both written and oral. Must have access to a vehicle to travel to residences within Town, as well as organizations within and outside of Burlington.
Hours are 15-19 hours per week primarily weekdays with the possibility of nights or weekend work. Salary is $25.82 per hour and does not participate in the Town-benefits program.
Position will remain open until filled.
Please note: MA General Laws mandate that any individual having direct contact at any time with either children or senior citizens be subject to CORI screening by the Criminal History Systems Board. Any conditional offer of employment is contingent upon satisfactory CORI results.
Methods to apply for this position:
Click on the Apply Now button (preferred)
Joanne M. Faust, SPHR
Human Resources Director
Town of Burlington
29 Center Street
Burlington, MA 01803
The Town of Burlington is an Equal Opportunity Employer