The Burlington Parks & Recreation Department is looking to hire a part-time Recreation Therapist to work cooperatively to oversee and implement recreation programming which is inclusive, adaptive and appropriate for children and adults with a variety of abilities.
Working under the administrative direction of the Therapeutic Recreation Specialist this position plans, organizes, schedules, coordinates and supervises year-round community based recreation programming for children and adults with a variety of abilities. Also responsible for marketing, intake assessments, program evaluation and to serve as a specialist and a leader for inclusion and adaptive programs for children and adults with various abilities. May supervise part-time and seasonal staff, interns and/or volunteers.
Minimum requirements include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Therapeutic Recreation or a related Recreation field
- Certified as a Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (preferred)
- Experience in a recreation setting
- Experience working with populations with various abilities, preferably in a municipal setting
- Valid motor vehicle operator’s license
- Current certification in CPR and First Aid (preferred)
- Must be willing and able to work additional hours as programming dictates, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
This is a part time position, 18 hours/week. Hours are somewhat flexible with some night and weekend hours. Starting rate is $20.00/hour. Position will remain open until filled.
MA General Laws mandate that any individual having direct contact at any time with either children or senior citizens be subject to CORI screening by the Criminal History Systems Board. Any conditional offer of employment is contingent upon satisfactory CORI results.
Methods to apply for this position:
Click on the Apply Now button (preferred)
Joanne M. Faust, SPHR
Human Resources Director
Town of Burlington
29 Center Street
Burlington, MA 01803
The Town of Burlington is an Equal Opportunity Employer