Reporting to the Director of Parks & Recreation, this 27.5-hour position performs clerical support work within the Parks & Recreation Department Administrative Office.
Examples of work include:
- Performs a variety of clerical duties in support of the office
- Works directly with the general public, Town personnel, and vendors.
- Answers questions on the phone and in person. Explains procedures, assists in filling out forms and applications.
- Updates and maintains databases. Prepares forms, spreadsheets and other documents; completes and distributes accordingly.
- Compiles statistical information; posts and maintains general records.
- Generates and sends correspondence, maintains files, sorts and processes mail, duplicates materials, and orders supplies.
- First point of contact for customers on the phone and in person.
- Assists the Director in field permitting.
- Collects, records and reconciles fees for departmental functions and services. Makes deposits and prepares related reports.
- High school diploma with 1-2 years of related experience.
- Superior and current computer skills, including record/database management.
- Superior financial skills; proficient using a calculator.
- Ability to learn specialized departmental software applications.
- Exceptional communication, organizational and customer service skills.
- Must be able to function effectively and efficiently in a multi-disciplined and dynamic work environment.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality.
This position is included within the Burlington Municipal Employees Association bargaining unit. Starting salary at Grade 5, Step I of the BMEA contract is $21.24 per hour plus benefits. This is a part-time position, 27.5 hours per week.
Position will remain open until filled.