Reporting to the Administrative Assistant II, this 30-hour position performs clerical support work within the DPW Administration Office.
Examples of work include:
- Performs a variety of clerical duties in support of the office.
- Works directly with the general public, Town personnel, and vendors.
- Answers questions on the phone and in person. Explains procedures, assists in filling out forms and applications.
- Updates and maintains databases. Prepares forms, spreadsheets and other documents; completes and distributes accordingly.
- Compiles statistical information; posts and maintains general records.
- Generates and sends correspondence, maintains files, sorts and processes mail, duplicates materials, and orders supplies.
- Schedules appointments such as meter charge-outs, final readings, and backflow.
- Collects, records and reconciles fees for departmental functions and services. Makes deposits and prepares related reports.
This position is included within the Burlington Municipal Employees Association bargaining unit. Starting salary within Grade 5 of the BMEA contract, and includes comprehensive and generous benefits. This is a part-time position, 30-hours per week.
- High school diploma with 1-2 years of related experience.
- Superior and current computer skills, including record/database management software.
- Superior financial skills; proficient using a calculator.
- Ability to learn specialized departmental software applications.
- Exceptional communication, organizational and customer service skills.
- Must be able to function effectively and efficiently in a multi-disciplined and dynamic work environment.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Applications received by 12:00pm on January 13, 2023 will be given first consideration.