The Burlington Public Library is seeking a forward thinking individual to fill the position of Library Technology Specialist. This person will be responsible for maintaining computers and peripherals, assisting in long range technological development and planning for the library and assisting to provide a dynamic social media presence for the library.
Great internal customer service skills are required in this position. Developing new and existing technology, planning and conducting training for the staff and public in technology related areas and representing the library at consortium and regional technology meetings are important components of this position.
The Library Technology Specialist reports directly to the Library Director and works closely with the director and the management team, in addition to the Town IT Department, to research, develop and implement any new library technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- Specialized training in personal computer and network technology
- Hands-on experience in the design, maintenance and repair of personal computer networks including hardware, software, and peripherals
- Experience in user training and implementing web-based technology
- Strong knowledge of library technology needs and experience in library setting desired
This is a 19 hour per week, non-benefited position; schedule negotiable. Pay rate is $25.19 per hour.
Applications received by October 5, 2021 will be given first consideration.
Please note: MA General Laws mandate that any individual having direct contact at any time with either children or senior citizens be subject to CORI screening by the Criminal History Systems Board. Any conditional offer of employment is contingent upon satisfactory CORI results.
Methods to apply for this position:
Click on the Apply Now button (preferred)
Joanne M. Faust, SPHR
Human Resources Director
Town of Burlington
29 Center Street
Burlington, MA 01803
The Town of Burlington is an Equal Opportunity Employer